Thursday, August 27, 2009

THE BEGINNING

The other day I went to see "Julie and Julia" which inspired me to begin this blog. Since there is no way that I could negotiate my way through 524 recipes (even though I have the book), I don't have a passion for cooking. However the fact that Julie is now publishing her second book and also signed a movie deal after her first year was rather intriguing.....


I love tiles, the texture, the whimsy and the overall look, that is my passion. Now, I work mainly with designers, they have a color vision which I translate into the best stone, glass tile or porcelain that meets their needs. I'm the first to admit the I wouldn't have a clue if a chenille or twill would work on a couch but I can tell you if limestone or travertine should go on your floor.


Whenever you find this blog and choose to join in, Welcome. If you have any questions or comments, please feel free to express them. This is a forum for everyone and we can all have fun making our homes unique.


For now I'll leave you with one of my favorite art tiles by Sandy Culp. This is Pear Pair which is a perfect touch of whimsy for any rustic kitchen.


2 comments:

  1. I was thinking about using Carrara marble for my kitchen counters. Does that work well? I want to have white & grey colors in the kitchen.
    Thanks,
    Bobbi in Washington

    ReplyDelete
  2. It'e really a nice and creative idea with this couple pear ^^

    ReplyDelete