Monday, October 12, 2009

LESSONS LEARNED

Over the last month I have learned why you should have thirty entries banked before you start your blog. I had lots of good intentions and then life happens. My 87 year old Father had a stroke and is now thankfully doing much better. Then there are doctors appointments for my Mother and older sister that I need to be the driver. Life goes on and now I'll do my best to return to the blog that allows me to talk about my favorite subject, tile and stone.


The tile below is one of my favorites and the bio is taken from Barbara's web-site. I have great admiration for women who look at their lives and decide to follow their bliss. It inspires me to do my best to showcase their work. Please check out baschmidtartstiles.com.


B.A. Schmidt Arts & Enterprises, Inc. is a family business. It was founded by Barbara Schmidt in 2000. Until that time, Barbara had worked first as a social worker and then for over 20 years as an attorney with the Federal government for both the Securities and Exchange Commission and the Commodity Futures Trading Commission. Although during the day she investigated and litigated securities and commodities fraud, she actively developed her artistic skills in her spare time. She studied painting and drawing at night at Northwestern University and at the School of the Art Institute of Chicago. She filled sketch book after sketch book of portraits of commuters that she drew daily on the train ride into the city. She also took classes at The Art Center of Highland Park in Highland Park, Illinois and the Evanston Art Center in Evanston, Illinois. Barbara has a B.A. from the University of Illinois (Champaign-Urbana), an MSW from the Jane Addams School of Social Work at the University of Illinois (Champaign-Urbana) and a JD from De Paul University College of Law. (Chicago)


No comments:

Post a Comment